ARTIST IN BUSINESS LEADERSHIP FELLOWSHIP
First Peoples Fund’s Artist in Business Leadership Program strives to cultivate entrepreneurial artists to a small business level—meaning that they have a consistent, reliable income, where business concepts are understood and applied.
First Peoples Fund selects artists based on demonstrated artistic talent, evidence of possessing the qualities of an entrepreneur, and indication of embodying the values of First Peoples Fund. This self-directed, independent business arts fellowship is a one-year program supported by individualized professional development training, and working capital funds to strengthen their marketing strategies. The fellowship also provides a focus on new work to stimulate creativity and a renewal of energy in Native art expression.
- Artist applicants must be in mid career (5+ years) in their experience in marketing their art at Indian art markets, galleries, and have wholesale experience.
- Artists will have chosen art as a means to obtain economic self-sufficiency for their family and to establish themselves as independent, credible artists with viable community based businesses.
- Artists must be a member of a Northern Great Plains tribe located in South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Western Dakota of Minnesota, Nebraska; the Eastern Plateau region of Idaho, Oregon and Washington; a tribe from the Great Lakes Region of Minnesota, Michigan, or Wisconsin; a tribe belonging to the U.S. Eastern Seaboard states; Oklahoma; Native Hawaiian; or, an Alaska Native Tribe
- Affiliated Canadian First Nations artist applicants are eligible.
- Artists must demonstrate a strong vision and articulated plan for implementing effective market strategies over the one-year fellowship period and will effectively use this opportunity to explore New Works and demonstrate marketing initiative effectively.
Application deadline September 15, 2015
Click HERE for Application details!
For more information, please contact Jessica Miller at (605) 348-0324 or firstname.lastname@example.org