First Peoples Fund, a national Native nonprofit organization supporting the advancement of Native arts and culture is seeking a Program Manager of Community Development. This position is co-responsible to design, implement, and evaluate programs, products, systems and services for the Indigenous Arts Ecology Department and will be responsible for implementation within their assigned regions.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years’ experience, or comparable combination of education and experience providing organization and administrative support, preferably for nonprofit and/or Native corporations.
- Background in community development and leadership cultivation, with exceptional skills in building and maintaining partnerships through collaboration.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a busy, fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail and ability to understand and create budgets;
- Excellent computer skills – MS Office Products and knowledge of excel spreadsheets;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team;
- Must also be able to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivated;
- Must be able to travel.
First Peoples Fund offers competitive salaries and benefits including health and life insurance and Simple IRA pension plan. Please click here to view a a full position description. Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until April 14, 2017.